The number of visitors to online Illinois Baptist media has more than doubled during the Illinois stay-at-home order, and in some cases, traffic has increased more than 500%. To accommodate the staff time needed to produce extra news reports and online resources for the local church’s Coronavirus response, the Illinois Baptist newspaper will adopt a monthly schedule. Until now, the schedule was a three-week cycle producing 16 issues a year.
The monthly cycle means the next print issue of the Illinois Baptist will be mailed about May 1.
There’s more news than ever. And the IBSA Communications Team delivers a variety of news and content online.
• Church Helps is a frequently updated collection of resources for response to COVID-19 ministry needs. IBSA.org/church-helps
• IBSA NOW is the free weekly online newsletter delivered to inboxes on Wednesdays. More than 10,500 people receive this update of news, training events, and resources. Sign up at IBSA.org. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the sign-up form.
• Tuesday Briefing is a weekly summary of news of interest to Illinois Baptist church leaders posted at IllinoisBaptist.org and promoted through social media.
• Frequent news updates are posted throughout the week on IllinoisBaptist.org.
• Social media, including multiple Facebook pages and Twitter. Search “Illinois Baptist” on Facebook for news, women, missions, students’ pages, and more.
Thank you for your faithful support of the Illinois Baptist newspaper, now 110 years old. We look forward to serving you in a variety of ways on multiple media platforms. We enjoy telling Illinois Baptists’ story.