Most people think their church is friendly. But an exit survey of guests would reveal to many congregations that guests didn’t feel very welcome. Maybe it’s time to teach “friendliness.” Seriously, so many people are staring at screens that they rarely look a stranger in the eye.
LifeWay’s Thom Rainer offers these 7 comments church goers can say to guests. Consider using them to train greeters, leaders, and regular attenders.
1. Thank you for being here.
2. Let me help you with that.
3. Please take my seat.
4. Here’s my e-mail address. Please let me
know if I can help in any way.
5. Can I show you where you need to go?
6. Let me introduce you to ________.
7. Would you like to join us for lunch?
– Excerpted from ThomRainer.com. See the full article and more like it in IBSA’s weekly newsletter for church leaders, e-Connection.
Sign up at Communications@IBSA.org.